Fixing the Wifi antenna on your iPhone 3G/3GS is a moderately easy repair. For the successful completion of this iPhone repair, make sure you reserve about 20 minutes.
To perform this iPhone repair, you will need the following iPhone repair tools and products – all tools and products that you can purchase at iPhone Repair Miami Beach.
Tools required for this particular iPhone 3G/3GS repair include:
- #00 Philipps screw driver
- Anti Static Spudger
- Sim Eject Tool
- Suction Cup
- MAG MAT (optional) – To see the MAG MAT in action, refer to the iPhone 3/3GS MAG MAT video.
Now that you have all the iPhone repair tools that you need, let the Wifi antenna repair project commence! To assist you, follow this How-to Tutorial to successfully complete this iPhone repair procedure in just 9 easy-to-follow steps.
Warning: You are performing this iPhone repair at your own risk.
- Turn off your iPhone. (1)
- Remove the two bottom screws next to the dock connector. (2)
- Place the small suction cup next to the home button and gently pull the glass assembly away from the back housing. Note: The glass assembly is still connected to the iPhone by several cables so don’t try to remove it entirely just yet. Next, use the spudger to disconnect the LCD and digitizer cables. Finally, lift the flap and pull out the proximity flex cable. (3)
- Disconnect the cellular antenna and remove the sticker. (4)
- Remove the 8 Phillips screws securing the motherboard in place. (5)
- Use a spudger to gently pry the camera out of the housing. Then, disconnect the wireless antenna, the audio flex part, and the charging dock. (6)
- Remove the Sim tray. (7)
- Carefully remove the motherboard from your iPhone. (8)
- Remove the two Phillips screws securing the audio jack and the wireless antenna to the housing. Then, pull the audio jack out of its socket and use the spudger to pry out and remove the wireless antenna. (9)
To reassemble your iPhone 3G/3GS, simply follow the steps in the reverse order.